Wire Transfer Specialist
Des Plaines, IL
Processes incoming and outgoing domestic and international wire transfers, performs wire investigations/ research, as well as perform customer servicing.
Senior levels of the job will be responsible for more complex transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
• Processes outgoing wire transfers via the Bank’s core wire transfer and FX systems for customers and internal bank departments.
• Processes incoming wire transfers.
• Ensures complete compliance with the Bank’s Wire Transfer policy, including but not limited to transaction processing, customer authentication, as well as exception processing.
• Monitors assigned payment queues to ensure all transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitors assigned transaction channels ensuring adequate service levels are being achieved.
• Provides customer servicing regarding wire transfers in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
• Performs wire transfer research/investigations as needed.
• Keeps accurate, organized and complete daily wire transfer files.
• Updates and maintains the Signing Authority Manual.
• Monitors and reviews Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) hits, ensures full compliance with OFAC requirements.
• Understands and complies with all Bank policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations pertinent to this position; stays informed and shares updates on changes with management. Required to successfully complete all required Compliance training.
• Continuously supports the Bank’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- High school diploma (Required)
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- Good communication skills and dependable
- 2+ years experience in banking
- Wire Transfer or similar payment processing experience (a plus)
- Works with minimal supervision.