Volunteer Guides x 6
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Large Non-Profit Christian Organization is in need of temporary help for annual mission project for the holiday season. There are SIX (6) Volunteer Guide openings.
Estimated length of assignment will be FOUR (4) weeks: November 23th - December 21st approximately.
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ABSENCE.
HOURS: Mondays - Saturdays:
- First shift: 7:30am - 3:45pm - 3 positions open
- Second shift: 3pm - 10:30pm- 3 positions open
- Mandatory OT of 3-3.5hrs weekly
- Sundays: OFF
Responsible for properly conducting orientation presentations for all Processing Center volunteers before they work in the Processing Center and leading any tours conducted in the Processing Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sustain a self-assured and hospitable personality to represent the project in a positive and helpful way for the temporary associates and thousands of volunteers who come to the Processing Center
- Assist Processing Center Greeters in ensuring all Processing Center Volunteers accurately complete appropriate volunteer forms.
- Using provided resources, conduct a volunteer orientation with all Processing Center Volunteers according to the procedures set forth by the Processing Center Manual.
- Assist the Processing Center Floor Coordinator in the placement of volunteers, if needed, to the appropriate areas of the Processing Center.
- Conduct Processing Center Tours, as needed, with guests following the “General PC Tour Script” resource.
- Must be multi-task oriented and display proven organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Public speaking experience highly desired.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from managers, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; smell or taste;
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.