Temporary Senior Accountant
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
Large manufacturing company in the far NW Suburbs is looking to fill a Temporary Senior Accountant. Open due to a promotion, there is potential for hire for the right candidate.
Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure a redundant process backup is in place for every critical operation:
- month & year end closing
- posting open batches for AR, AP, PO
- accounts payable/receivable
- cash receipts
- general ledger
- payroll and utilities
- revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- check runs
- fixed asset activity
- Reconcile Balance Sheet and Income Statement each month
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
- Various other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting REQUIRED
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in General Accounting, ideally out of manufacturing
- ADVANCED Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups, macros), exposure to QuickBooks preferred
- Be an independent worker, and take initiative on tasks.
Send updated Word resumes ASAP - interviews this week!