Team Coach x 32
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Large Non-Profit Christian Organization is in need of temporary help for annual mission project for the holiday season. There are thirty-two (32) Team Coach/Lead openings.
Estimated length of assignment will be FOUR (4) weeks: November 23rd - December 21st.
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ABSENCE.
HOURS: Mondays - Saturdays:
- First shift: 8am - 3:45pm (minus 30 minute lunch: 7.25 hrs/day)
- Second shift: 3pm - 10:30pm (minus 30 minute lunch: 7 hrs/day)
- Mandatory OT: 3 -3.5 hrs/week
- Sundays: OFF
Responsible for working with the Processing Center Floor Managers to facilitate and supervise designated
areas of activity within Processing Center Teams including volunteer supervision, security issues, preinspection
activity, product movement and processing, and all other aspects contained within Processing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Being friendly, welcoming, and personable to volunteers while helping them have a fun, productive, and
memorable experience at the Processing Center.
- Work with the Floor Manager to maintain a consistent program for all aspects of the Processing
area which meets the standards and criteria developed for all Processing Centers.
- Responsible for coaching and supervising up to 30 volunteers within the Processing Team area.
- Communicating with an Processing Center Floor Manager regarding any needs assigned team area may
have as well as with the number of open volunteer spots available for new/returning volunteers to be placed.
- Maintain consistent flow of shoebox gifts throughout the Processing Team.
- Be alert to any issues which may breach the security of donations received or affect the quality of shoebox
gifts being shipped.
- Be prepared to provide “on-the-job” training to volunteers in specific roles at the team tables following the
provided training scripts.
- Understand, thoroughly, what each volunteer role is responsible for in order to coach volunteers in a way that
ensures quality shoeboxes. This should include the Pre-Inspector, Inspector, Taper, Scanner, Cartonizer, and
Heavy Lifter positions.
- Train, coach, and observe volunteers to ensure that only items considered inappropriate by Operations
are being removed.
- Train, coach, and observe volunteers to ensure that Filler Items, Inappropriate Items, trash, and general team
supplies are moving in and out of Teams consistently and efficiently.
- Train, coach, and observe volunteers to ensure that proper cartonizing procedures are being adhered to.
- Understanding the “Follow Your Box” scanning procedures. Train, coach, and observe any volunteers serving
in a scanning role, if needed. Serve in a scanning role if number of volunteers placed on team does not allow
for the position to be filled by a volunteer.
- Train, coach, and observe volunteers to accurately and efficiently pack of shoebox gifts into cartons
without overfilling and causing carton to bulge.
- Train, coach, and observe volunteers to move full cartons (up to 75 lbs) from the cartonizing table to outgoing
- Ensure cartons are correctly marked for age and gender with appropriate barcode label affixed properly.
16. Build or breakdown cartons as needed.
- Keep all processing tables clean and organized before, during, and after shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises up to 30 volunteers as part of a Processing Team. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training
workers; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Should have a background in supervising individuals to reach a common goal.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer skills helpful for understanding barcoding
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general
public. Ability to project voice to an audience when presenting information.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
standardizations exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This is a supervisory role, but be able to direct a team of up to 30 volunteers and keep enthusiasm and energy up! This role is really tasked with ensuring not only smooth operations, but an ENJOYABLE volunteer experience!!
Outgoing and friendly candidates are encouraged to apply!!