Tax Accountant - Entry Level
Chicago, IL 60606
Tax Accountant will be responsible for preparing corporate, partnership, trust and individual tax returns at both the federal and state level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of federal and state corporate tax returns.
- Preparation and review of federal and state partnership returns.
- Preparation and review of trust and individual returns.
- Preparation and filing of federal and state estimated tax payments.
- Preparation of responses to various federal, state and local tax notices.
- Preparation and review of franchise tax returns, annual reports and various miscellaneous filings.
- Tax research and planning.
- Assist in preparation of tax provision workpapers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 4 months - 1 year of experience in Tax Accounting (Internship required)
- Proficiency in MS Excel (Pivot tables and V-lookups)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to learn and acquire new concepts quickly