Senior Manager / Accounting
Chicago, IL 60601
Mark/Ryan Associates is seeking a Senior Manager, Accounting for our Loop Client which offers fabulous long term opportunity with an innovative organization.
- **PRIOR ENERGY OR UTILITY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED** (DO NOT APPLY WITHOUT)
- Ensures execution of established accounting policies and guidelines across the accounting organization.
- Oversees process around collection of information for auditors. Provides internal and external auditors with needed information.
- Develops or enhances the organization's capabilities through effective team building, staffing and development of others.
- Oversees and manages accounting staff in preparation of transactions, financial and operating reports including trial balances, adjustments and closing entries.
- Performs complex analysis and related interpretations of accounting standards and policies.
- Identifies opportunities for streamlining or redesigning processes.
- Leads, supports and ensures successful execution of routine accounting projects and process improvement-oriented accounting projects
- Establishes accounting policies and guidelines.
- Manages and leads indirect as well as direct team members, including but not limited to conducting training, goal management, providing ongoing feedback and coaching, and completing performance evaluations.
- Oversees the accounting treatment of non-routine transactions (GAAP accounting guideline changes, major changes to accounting methodologies, etc.).
- Prepares journal entries for non-routine accounting transactions for assigned area of responsibility as required.
- Reviews journal entries and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration (Required)
- Implementation/Understanding of ASU for leases, revenues, and derivatives
- SOX Controls, process controls
- Oracle experience (Preferred)
- Energy or utility experience (REQUIRED)