PT Purchasing Associate
Park Ridge, IL
My client is looking for a part time Purchasing Associate.
Part time hours: 9am-4pm 3 days a week.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items. Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items purchased, costs, delivery, product quality, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods with users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Maintains disaster recovery inventory of critical supplies and ensures that it is updated on a consistent basis.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Runs monthly billing reports and prepares all month end billing entries and re allocations at month end.
- Administers and coordinates day-to-day facilities related activities. Ensures schedules are met and addresses work quality issues.
- Obtains bids and estimates for facilities related projects and coordinated the jobs with various contractors and vendors.
- Coordinates and manages various operational projects as needed.
- Develop innovative cost control measures through consolidation and identification of needed materials and services
- Provide financial analytics through presentations for strategic sourcing of services and goods for the company
- Assist facilities team with providing services at the Hanley Center to include function space configurations
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of Purchasing experience
- Banking would be a plus
- Customer Service experience