Office Support Associate
Elk Grove Village, IL 60018
Large Non-Profit Christian Organization is in need of temporary help for annual mission project for the holiday season. There is ONE (1) Office Support Associate opening, 1st shift only.
Estimated length of assignment will be FOUR (4) weeks: November 21st - December 19th.
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ABSENCE.
HOURS: Mondays - Saturdays:
- First shift only: 8am - 3:45pm (minus 30 minute lunch: 7.5 hrs/day)
- Mandatory OT: 3 hrs/week
- Sundays: OFF
Responsible for working with the OCC Processing Center Manager or full-time Regional Administrative
Coordinator to facilitate and manage all areas of administration of the OCC Processing Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate with OCC Processing Center Volunteer Manager to ensure adequate supply of volunteer
paperwork as well as pens, pencils and other office supplies.
- Under the direction of the Regional Office Coordinator, assist with any office or warehouse projects
- Oversee the answering of the OCC Processing Center phones, providing coverage during all hours of
- Take accurate, detailed messages and ensure timely delivery to the appropriate personnel.
- Check voicemail for messages on an hourly basis.
- Keep office area neat and clean.
- Send correspondence by e-mail as appropriate.
- Assist with any cancellation of volunteers as Processing Center closes for the season at the discretion
of the Processing Center Manager.
- Be familiar with key OCC/Samaritan’s Purse personnel who may need to reach various
OCC/Samaritan’s Purse personnel working on-site at the Processing Center.
- Be able to accurately communicate driving directions to the OCC Processing Center.
- Sustain a self-assured and hospitable personality to represent OCC in a positive
and helpful way for the temporary associates and thousands of volunteers who come to the OCC
- Must be multi-task oriented and display proven organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one
year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No certificates, licenses, or registrations are required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and emails as
directed. Ability to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from PC
management team, PC Manager, donors, volunteers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; smell or taste;
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.