Greeters x 3 - 2nd shift
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Large Non-Profit Christian Organization is in need of temporary help for annual mission project for the holiday season. There are SIX (6) Greeter openings.
Estimated length of assignment will be FOUR (4) weeks: November 23rd - December 21st.
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ABSENCE.
HOURS: Mondays - Saturdays:
- Second shift: 3pm - 10:30pm (minus 30 minute lunch: 7 hrs/day) - 3 openings
- Mandatory OT: 3 -3.5 hrs/week
- Sundays: OFF
Responsible for working with the OCC Processing Center Volunteer Manager to properly greet, check-in,
and manage the flow of volunteers that enter the OCC Processing Center to serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet and thank all OCC Processing Center Volunteers as they enter or leave the OCC Processing
Center with a smile.
- Keep accurate records by entering arriving volunteers into the Volunteer Management System (VMS)
on the provided laptop or assisting the volunteer through the touch screen (FAST PASS) computer.
- Ensure every volunteer who will serve in the Processing Center has either completed a physical copy
of the Volunteer Information Form (waiver) or completed the waiver electronically through VMS.
- Once volunteers complete the check-in process, direct volunteers to the orientation waiting area.
- Be available to answer questions posed by OCC Processing Center volunteers. Questions could
include locations of restrooms, breakrooms, coat racks, and where to drop off shoebox gifts and/or
- Follow OCC Processing Center policies and procedures for the receipt of Gift-In-Kind donations
from volunteers including the completion of appropriate reporting.
- Review VMS arrival reports to communicate the status of volunteer no-shows or partial group checkins
to the Volunteer Manager.
- Aid at the end-of-shift cleaning and restocking of the registration area.
- Be familiar with emergency exit strategies to be able to lead volunteers in case of emergency.
- Be aware of unauthorized individuals entering or visiting the Processing Center. Alert PC Management
staff immediately if suspecting foul play.
- Oversee the Samaritan’s Purse/Operation Christmas Child promotional items including items available as
a “Thank You” gift and written promotional material.
- Sustain a strong and outgoing personality to represent Operation Christmas Child in a positive and
helpful way for the volunteers who serve in the OCC Processing Centers.
- Must be multi-task oriented and display proven organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess advanced computer skills
and the ability to learn new programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No certificates, licenses, or registrations are required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of currency, measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
instructions. Ability to deal with issues involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; smell or taste;
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.