Gear Store Coordinator
Elk Grove Village, IL 60018
Large Non-Profit Christian Organization is in need of temporary help for annual mission project for the holiday season. There are Two (2) Gear Store Coordinator openings, 1 EACH SHIFT.
Estimated length of assignment will be FOUR (4) weeks: November 21st - December 19th.
MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT TO DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ABSENCE.
HOURS: Mondays - Saturdays:
- First shift: 8am - 3:45pm (minus 30 minute lunch: 7.25 hrs/day)
- Second shift: 3pm - 10:30pm (minus 30 minute lunch: 7 hrs/day)
- Mandatory OT: 3 -3.5 hrs/week
- Sundays: OFF
Responsible for facilitating transactions for volunteers who wish to purchase OCC and SP branded
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Facilitate transactions accurately for SP and OCC branded merchandise via cash, check or credit card
on an automated transaction system according to OCC Processing Center processes and procedures.
- Ensure that each transaction is recorded correctly, guaranteeing accurate inventory and financial
reporting at the end of each shift and at the end of the season.
- Must display high levels of integrity and organization when administering daily financial
reconciliation and reporting.
- Ensure the display and table are at all times neat and organized and that available sizes are accurately
- Ensure the PC Gear Store remains stocked throughout the day. Alert the Volunteer Manager if more
inventory should be moved out of storage (if in a separate location).
- Ensure the PC Gear Store is covered by a staff member at all times to ensure security over
merchandise and financial contributions. If a break is needed, alert the Volunteer Manager to have
break covered before leaving station.
- Must be able to easily use touchscreen tablet technology and easily understand and use tablet-based
- Must be able to move quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, ensuring organization and
accuracy while keeping environment aesthetically pleasing.
- Must be multi-task oriented and display proven organizational skills.
- Sustain a self-assured and hospitable personality to represent Operation Christmas Child in a positive
and helpful manner for the temporary associates and volunteers who come to the OCC Processing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one
year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with sales transactions is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No certificates, licenses, or registrations are required.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients,
customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; smell or taste;
and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.