1 north wacker drive chicago il 60606 Chicago, IL 60602
A fast-growing commercial/industrial real estate investment management firm, is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounting Manager who will assume hands-on responsibility for all property accounting related to our growing national portfolio of stabilized and cash flowing commercial properties. The Accounting Manager must be able to work with a high degree of independence in performing accounting and financial activities for the company by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information as well as managing staff.
- Oversees day-to-day accounting operations of commercial property
- Oversees month end and quarter end close for each respective
- Reviews monthly Balance Sheets, Income Statements, and Cash Flows per property to verify account balances and reasonable revenue and expense
- Assists with forecasts and annual budgets as well as provide detailed explanations of deviations from budget based on specific materiality
- Compiles financial statements for joint ventures and lenders.
- Oversees and ensures that all property and tenant lease input information is up to date
- Reviews CAM reconciliations and assists in the set-up of CAMs
- Assist in annual audits. Ensures reports/documents are forwarded to Auditor/CPA and maintains applicable
- Oversees processing of monthly fees including property management, leasing commissions, accounting, and construction management.
- Supports financial activity for all property sales, including preparation of final operating statements, funds distribution, closing of bank accounts, and any other relevant closing duties.
- Maintains a full understanding of all property specific processes and upkeep of pertinent information relating to specific properties.
- Provides input/feedback for improving processes, procedures related to above duties and responsibilities, and initiating quality and efficiency enhancements
- 7+ years experience accounting experience
- 3+ years of real estate experience
- 1+ year(s) of supervisory experience