Chicago, IL 60601
Mark/Ryan Associates is seeking a Temp-to-Hire Staff Accountant for a Client in the Loop. This is a fabulous opportunity to join a growing organization which can provide great career growth!
- Provides excellent customer service to corporate cost centers, portfolio companies and other accounting customers insuring that their information needs and reporting requirements are met.
- Prepares schedules and reconciliations to support general ledger balances for corporate cost centers and bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for the monthly closing process for corporate cost centers and/or one or more Portfolio.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Produces monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and budget to actual variance analysis for one or more Portfolio Companies.
- Collaborates with cost center managers to calculate allocation of cost center expenses to portfolio companies.
- Prepares and bills cost allocations to portfolio companies and underlying properties, prepares true-up of estimated billings, tracks payment, reconciles receivables and payables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1+ years of Accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- MS Office (must be proficient in Excel)
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail