Skokie, (none selected)
Under general direction, performs a broad range of accounting functions including analysis and reporting. Duties may be performed including, but not limited to, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fiduciary, Cash Control or General Ledger.
- May prepare review and/or approve journal entries, money moves, administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements. Analyzes and maintains the general ledger accounts and/or client insured records.
- May prepare and analyze revenue and/or expense reports; coordinates revenue and expense accruals and ensures timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close. Performs variation and trend analysis for key general ledger accounts, including variances to forecast, budget and prior year. May apply and balance funds to insured records; may process refunds to insured records; may request payments for carriers and third parties including variances to forecast, budget and prior year. May prepare higher level of reconciliations between administrative systems and other sources. Findings may be presented to senior manager.
- Verifies work of and provides guidance to less experienced levels of accountants. Position may provide functional advice or training to less-experienced accountant positions. Ensure compliance with corporate policies, carrier agreements, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures tax regulations, local GAAP and US GAAP.
- May assist in the development and implementation of internal accounting policies, transitions to and from teams both onshore and offshore, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1-3 Years Accounting experience
Accounting degree required