Senior Property Accountant
Des Plaines, IL
Mark/Ryan is seeking a Senior Property Accountant for a growing real estate company.
- Review reconciliations
- Prepare the fixed asset schedule
- Prepare the Equity reconciliation
- Investigate all unusual activity
- Prepare Ad Hoc Reports when requested
- Set up new Entities and projects in MRI as needed
- Assist with audit requests
- Review Final Annual operating expenses
- Upload annual portfolio budgets
- Review Cash Receipts Report
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly/quarterly property financial statements
- Prepare and distribute monthly/quarterly financial reports – prepare monthly/quarterly journal entries, financial statement preparation and bank reconciliations within stated controls and client reporting requirements.
- Gain a complete understanding of the internal accounting requirements as well as work to ensure requirements are met as established by the client.
- Oversee bank reconciliations, cash management for loan servicing, disbursement processing and external reporting.
- Coordinate Accounts Payable process – review invoice coding and approvals, and ensure compliance with all appropriate controls that are in place.
- Additional Duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA (preferred)
- 5-8 years of experience in commercial real estate
- CAM/RE Tax reconciliation experience