Senior Investment Accountant
Mark/Ryan Associates is seeking a Senior Investment Accountant. The position will be responsible for analysis of investment results. Primary responsibilities include: monthly analytics of net investment income and realized gains on both a GAAP and a statutory basis, internal management reporting and preparation of statutory footnotes and investment schedules.
Specific tasks include:
- Assist in monthly close of investment results for the P&C businesses, including analytics over net investment income and realized capital gains
- Ownership over the creation of various internal monthly and quarterly management reporting tools and metrics
- Preparation and analysis of investment sections of statutory statements, disclosures, and supplements.
- Understand GAAP and statutory guidance to provide assistance on accounting implications for new investment strategies and ensure results are consistent with the guidance
- Support Sarbanes documentation and continuously monitor internal controls
- GAAP and/or STAT investment accounting and reporting experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or related field required
- 2+ years of accounting, reporting or finance experience