Senior Financial Analyst
Mark/Ryan Associates is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. This position offers career growth and an above average quality of life.
- Lead the Financial Planning and Analysis responsibilities product line supporting various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual consolidation and reporting activities.
- Partner with various levels of management as well as across functions in order to fully understand financial metrics, current forecast positions and forecast drivers (across bookings, sales, profit and cash).
- Support weekly analysis of risks and opportunities to the current forecast positions (Short Range Outlook – SRO), monthly financial forecast updates across a variety of programs, contract types and customers, monthly balance sheet reviews of unbilled balances and aged receivables, monthly operational reviews and drive our Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and 5-year strategic plan.
- Leverage functional counterparts to support analysis and drive accuracy.
- Responsible for continuing to identify ways to improve processes and further levels of efficiency.
- Oversight surrounding tools and databases in the preparation of weekly analysis and communication of performance, risks, and opportunities to management is critical.
- Other responsibilities include utilizing ERP to complete the above requirements including system tie-outs, providing weekly reporting of NBI, and cash receipts, developing headquarters plan/forecast for cash and bookings, and automating reporting to optimize time for analysis.
- Minimum 3 years of related finance experience
- Excellent desktop computer skills, particularly in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize program management systems and tools; and independently create and accurately analyze cost data
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Good organizational skills in leading/coordinating program personnel toward common finance goals by setting priorities and working within deadlines; ability to multi-task
- Creative problem solving skills, ability to think strategically, as well as tactically
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) to support the preparation and presentation of written briefs and summaries for internal communication