Senior Cost Accountant
The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for preparation of financial statements, standard costs, variance and capital expenditure analysis, budgeting and cost control. Responsible for standard costing issues, inventory, & general accounting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review bill of materials. Review and set standards. Analyze material purchase price variance.
- Applies principles of cost accounting to develop product costs, labor and overhead rates.
- Perform month-end closing, account reconciliations, expense analysis, and financial and operational reporting.
- Analyzes and prepares reports of actual manufacturing costs (production variances and shop floor labor hour entry) and compares standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provides timely and accurate financial and operational reports.
- Assist in review of information related to cost of sales, closed work order variance and gross margin exception analysis for reasonableness.
- Active in auditing and reconciling physical inventories.
- Prepare variance analysis and root-cause. Recommend process improvements and corrective actions for problem areas.
- Participate in the planning, budgeting, and forecasting process.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of cost accounting experience