Customer Service Representative (Recent Grads Please Apply!)
Looking for a friendly candidate with strong communication skills for a manufacturing company in the Northwest suburbs. Duties would include:
- Handles incoming calls on all Customer Service related inquiries, order changes, status updates and cancellations with empathy and a focus on solving any customer problem on the first call.
- Handle customer concerns with empathy.
- Communicates with Management on all customer and product issues. Prevents customer returns and ensures customer satisfaction by reasonable negotiations that provide solutions that are beneficial to the company and attractive to the customer.
- Provides pro-active, consistent follow-up to all customer inquires, either via phone/email/chat.
- Involves management during an escalated customer issue when necessary to satisfactorily resolve the customer's concern.
- Responds and replies to every customer email the same day.
- Identifies trends in issues that may affect customer satisfaction levels and consistently communicates them to management in measurable terms.
- Communicates with management about employee/ salesperson (i.e. product misrepresentation, reship issues), vendor/product issues such as potential defective/faulty products etc and 2nd touches.
- Ensures that all communications pertaining to an order are noted in the comment section of the order so subsequent issues will have complete information.
- Performs any and all Customer Service duties as necessary.
- Promotes a safe environment in accordance with company policy and adheres to all policies set forth by the department and company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years customer service experience
- Intermediate (MS Word, Excel, Access Database) and mainframe automated order entry system computer skills required. Knowledge AS 400, SAP and Salesforce.com is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to assess situations and make recommendations to resolve issues
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to oversee multiple clients and provide excellent customer service
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment