Oak Brook, IL
Mark/Ryan Associates is seeking an Accounting Manager for a mid-sized client near Oak Brook. Senior Accountants seeking the next step are welcome.
- Supervise the General Accounting Department to ensure timely and accurate work performance
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Oversees and reviews invoices, statements, vouchers, bills and related documents and verifies accuracy of information and processes for check payment.
- Resolves routine problems of reconciliation.
- Supports CFO with special projects and work-flow process improvements. Drafts and documents standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Works with the CFO to ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, and other leaders regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the work-flow of the department.
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Assists in the maintenance of accounting systems.
- Coordinates with employees, vendors and other work groups concerning assigned functions; answers questions and provides information and assistance.
- Prepares a variety of state, federal and local tax forms and reports.
- BS in Accounting
- 5+ years of general accounting experience